Green tea is one of the healthiest drinks consumed by millions of people across the globe. It offers several benefits which is derived from its antioxidant properties. Most people choose this drink over other sugary beverages due to its endless benefits. Some of the key benefits have been discussed below.
- Anti-Aging – There are free radicals that get formed in the body which corrodes the human body in several ways. The prominent one is the aging signs and its related symptoms. The prime role of antioxidants is that it helps in neutralizing the free radicals or oxidants present in the body. As green tea has a rich content of antioxidants, it works beneficial. The Catechin Polyphenols in green tea provides anti-oxidizing effects. Hence regular consumption of green tea works wonder as it delays the aging signs and symptoms.
- Stimulating Effect – Another major benefit of green tea is that it offers stimulating effect which is due to the presence of tannins and caffeine in the tea leaves. These act as a powerful stimulant and hence a cup of green tea freshens and energizes your mind. Green tea is an ideal solution to diminish fatigue, sleepiness, laziness and lack of energy. It also works largely towards proper blood circulation. Therefore, it is quite popular and in demand everywhere.
- Boosts Immunity – As per research, those who drink green tea on a regular basis are less prone to be affected from common viral and bacterial infections. Green tea works by boosting the strength of the immune system. It has catechins that helps in preventing viruses and bacteria from getting attached to cell walls so as to spread the infection. Green tea contains antimicrobial property which protects people from tooth decay, dysentery, common cold, cough and flu as well.
- Astringent Effect – This is another great benefit of having green tea daily. It contains astringent substances that leads to tissue and muscle contraction. It also tones up the muscles and tissues. If you don’t prefer having green tea, you can simply use it like a mouthwash to create gum contraction that keeps your teeth and gums firm and tightened. It also prevents teeth loosening. Green tea when used on hair makes them stronger and healthier like never before.
- Controls Blood Sugar – When green tea is consumed without sugar, the alkaline effect of this tea helps in controlling and reducing the blood sugar level. In addition, the astringent and antioxidant properties of green tea help your pancreas to function better. As a result, there is regular secretion of insulin and great improvement in sugar absorption.
- Weight Loss – Green tea helps in reducing weight and hence many people today have switched over to this healthy drink. It boosts your metabolism level and helps you lose a few pounds of weight. A cup of green tea in the morning not only keeps you active, but also helps in eliminating those extra layers of fat stored in the body.
Thus, these are some of the health benefits that can be obtained by having a cup or two of green tea daily. It works best when there is no sugar added to it.